Friday 14 September 2018

Biking to Work

In this post I will provide you with details of why you should start biking to work and also share my experience of using my mountain bike as a means of transportation over the past couple months.
It was last September when I had sort of a reality check and realized that I was not in my best shape physically. For years I have been stuck in office jobs where I usually spend at least eight hours sitting at a desk in front of a computer monitor all day. Over time, this had started taking a toll on me as I noticed I was not as physically active as I should be and that I had started to gain weight.
So I decided that some action needed to be taken before this got out of hand. I would usually be involved in various forms of exercise including mountain biking and hitting the gym in my spare time. But this was not enough; I needed to be active everyday but time was so limited that I could not even squeeze in a couple minutes per day towards exercise on my schedule.
At last, I found a solution; biking to and from work every day. So, I went to a bike shop in the market and got me a new bike specifically to be used for commuting. The bike bought was one of those cheap bikes, nothing too special or from any of the top mountain bike brands. The bike I got also came fully equipped with gears but you can use a single speed mountain bike if you choose to. And the great thing is I got this bike for below $200.
It has been more than five months now since I have been using my mountain bike as transportation to and from work and I can tell you that it is extremely fun and has a ton of benefits including:
Reduced cost
Biking is far cheaper than driving or using public transportation so the savings to be gained by using your bike as a means of transportation can add up over a long period. It will cost you less to keep your bike running efficiently than it would to keep your car performing well. The most common costs to be encountered from making biking a regular habit are from tyre flats, replacing basic bike parts which are cheap (you can easily find used or cheap bike parts for sale at your local neighbourhood bike shop) and running a full maintenance every year which cannot come close to being compared with the servicing costs of a motor vehicle.
Better Health
I can one hundred percent guarantee you that you will see major health benefits as you make biking your means of commuting to work. Over the past few months I have been able to burn excess body fat, gain tighter abs and build leg muscles all from spending fifteen to thirty minutes a day riding to work. On top of that, you generally feel good as your body is able to inhale the fresh air as you are out on the road.
Efficiency
If you live only a few minutes away from your work place, biking can be more time efficient than public transportation or driving. For example, I usually leave work at 4:30pm and it takes me about forty five minutes to one hour to get home when I use public transportation. Ever since switching to my mountain bike, I am able to reach home before 5:00pm every day.
Environmentally clean
By choosing to bike to work every day you are making a huge impact on the planet by reducing carbon emissions from driving. Not only are you receiving personal benefits, but you are making the world cleaner and greener with each day that goes by.
I would urge you all to make the positive choice for yourselves and our planet by switching to biking as your means of transportation on a daily basis. As you progress, you will find that there are many more benefits in addition to those which I have mentioned in this post.
Visit my website at Mountain Bicycle World [http://mountainbicycleworld.com/] for more information on bicycles.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9004367https://ezinearticles.com/?Biking-to-Work&id=9004367

No comments:

Post a Comment