Tuesday 6 November 2018

Three Easy Ways to Stay Healthy After Age 50

Have you ever just sat back and looked at people? I know, it seems kind of invasive. But seriously, have you ever just sat on a park bench or in a restaurant and just looked at people? You have, haven't you? And what did you see? You saw their physical appearance more than anything else. Some looked good, some looked average and some, well, not so much.
Now as weird it may seem for you to do such a thing, it is actually very normal. Observation is just part of life. But have you ever considered that people also look at you? You have. Part of the reason we stare in the mirror as we are getting ready for any outing is because we know people will be seeing us and yes, observing us. We want to feel good about ourselves. We want people to make positive observations. But more than that we also just want to feel good. This is particularly true if you have crossed the 50 year mark of life.
So, where am I going with this? Many years ago when I was a kid in the late 1960s there was a guy on television who had a revolutionary program for the time called "The Jack LaLanne Show." Of course the man's name was Jack LaLanne.
LaLanne was enthusiastic about health and wellness for people of every age. In today's culture and world we see so many ways to "lose weight" and "get in shape." It seems that every other day there is a new program, a new diet, a new system, or a new plan that is endorsed by a famous celebrity. The health and wellness industry is a multi-billion dollar empire.
Perhaps you have tried some of those programs or diets. I certainly have. What I found was that most were too hard, too expensive, too time-consuming, too strenuous, and so forth.
So, when I needed to lose weight and keep healthy (at least as healthy as I could for my age) I sat back and said to myself, "You know Tony, this shouldn't be that hard." That's when Jack LaLanne came to my memory. I quickly searched the internet and found tons of information about LaLanne. But what I found that was most helpful was his 3-pronged formula for health and wellness. The best part was that it was not too hard, too difficult, too expensive, or too anything. And here is his 3-Pronged System...
The Three Easiest Ways to Stay Healthy After Age 50
1. Get daily exercise.
2. Eat a healthy diet that limits greasy or sugary foods.
3. Get lots of rest and recreation.
Now THAT I could do. And I did.
So, if you are over 50 and you want to look and feel your best then get back to these basics provided by Jack LaLanne. Eat sensibly, Get your heart rate up for about 20 minutes every day by doing something as simple as climbing up and down stairs at an accelerated pace. Lastly, get plenty of sleep and do the things you enjoy.
For more information please get my FREE eBook on reclaiming your youth. Get it here: https://fabulouslyfitatfiftyplus.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9308259https://ezinearticles.com/?Three-Easy-Ways-to-Stay-Healthy-After-Age-50&id=9308259

No comments:

Post a Comment