Monday 13 August 2018

Fitness Over 40 Strength Training Checklist

So you want to get stronger and fitter with strength training? Congratulations! You're taking the first step toward achieving your fitness over 40 strength goals. Below I have compiled a list you can use as a guideline to safe check your strength fitness workout. It is important to start out on the right course to increase the chance of your goals being reached.
Here is the checklist:
• I studied some basic anatomy, so that I knew where the major muscle groups for my fitness program
• I tensed and flexed various muscle groups in my body to get a feel for the 'mind to muscle' link
• I learned how to use the 'mind to muscle link' for the muscle group I was working on during my fitness for over 40 fitness routines
• I always tried to focus on the muscle I wanted to strengthen in my fitness routine
• I tried to ensure that I minimised the use of other muscle groups in the exercise I chose to do
• I didn't worry too much about how much weight or resistance I used, so long as I could feel the muscle I was targeting during my fitness workout was being worked
• I always tried to use good form and exercise technique with each and every repetition
• I never jerked or threw the weight up and then just let it drop down during my fitness workout
• I lifted and lowered the weight or resistance under control at all times
• I made sure I could pause any repetition for a second or so if I wanted to at any point in my fitness routines
• Using good form meant I could correct my exercise technique if I needed to
The 'mind-to-muscle' link will enable you to perform each repetition of any exercise with the best chance of correctly targeting the muscle you're trying to work on. Good form will lessen your chances of injury and allow you to make any corrections needed in exercise technique. Your choice of number of repetitions per individual exercise will allow you to modify your training according to your fitness aims. Put these principles to use in your fitness over 40 workouts today, and enjoy a more fulfilling exercise routine!

Have you ever wished you could get disease protection... energy... anti-aging... and weight loss all in one place... look no further. Here it is!!! It doesn't matter how old you are?


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5003969

No comments:

Post a Comment